The Oriental Rug Merchant Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (collectively referred to as “The Oriental Rug Merchant”, “we” or “us” in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at The Oriental Rug Merchant, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times.
The Oriental Rug Merchant is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. This policy, which applies whether you visit our store, or use your desktop computer or mobile device to visit us online, provides you with information about:
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
The Oriental Rug Merchant (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– to enable The Oriental Rug Merchant to manage customer service interactions with you; and
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing data with third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT and delivery providers.
The Oriental Rug Merchant only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Other third parties
We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing or any other purposes.
Aside from our service providers, The Oriental Rug Merchant will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below.
We may share your data with:
– credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The Oriental Rug Merchant may collect the following information about you:
– your name;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and email address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– when you make a purchase or place an order with us (in store), your payment card details;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with The Oriental Rug Merchant; and
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you make a purchase from our website, or send an email to our customer services team.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
The Oriental Rug Merchant is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
We have a variety of security measures in place to protect your personal information. These include electronic safeguards, such as encryption (card payments are encrypted by our secure third-party payment provider), physical safeguards and security.
If you have any questions about how The Oriental Rug Merchant uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
– phone us on: 01892 533080
– email us at: email@example.com
– write to us at The Oriental Rug Merchant, 11 High Street, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1UL
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at: https://ico.org.uk.